NJ Off Season Baseball Programs
Off Season Baseball Training at PS2 Athletics
Fall Ball is done…now what? Winter is a great time to build up your strength, increase your flexibility and refine some of your hitting and fielding skills while taking a break from rigorous baseball activity. PS2 has a comprehensive winter workout program that includes speed & agility and strength & conditioning for athletes of all age levels. This program is specifically designed for our Academy team members but we are offering the same programming to the general public. This is a great opportunity to get elite, off-season training regardless of whether or not you play for PS2. Click HERE for registration info or call the office: 973-689-7700. Winter Workouts start November 5 and run 3x per week through the end of February. Ages 12u and under: 6-7:30pm. Ages 13u and older: 7:30-9pm.
Friday Night Hitting
Our open hitting nights come with instruction from our PS2 Academy coaching staff. Friday night hitting includes soft toss, front toss, and batting practice. Join us Fridays from 7-8 pm. Monthly and drop in rates are available but pre-registration is required. Click HERE for registration or call the office: 973-689-7700.
Our very popular Junior Crusaders program is back! This clinic is designed for 6-8 year olds looking to prepare for travel and club baseball programs in the spring. Young athletes learn the fundamentals from PS2 Academy coaches. Our low student to coach ratio means your child will get individualized attention in a small group setting. The Junior Crusaders meet every Saturday morning from 10:30-Noon. $99 per month or $30 daily drop in rate. Click HERE to register or call the office: 973-689-7700.
PS2 Catchers’ Clinic
With over 25 years of experience at the catcher’s position, Coach Tommy Barbella and his team of instructors cover all aspects of being behind the plate. At our 16 week off-season clinic, catchers get instruction on different positions, delivering signs, framing and receiving, blocking, pop time, fielding the position, tags and the mental aspects of being a catcher. This very popular clinic runs Saturdays from November 3 through the end of February and is separated into two age groups: 10am – Noon for 12u and younger, and 12-2 pm for 13u and older. Monthly payment plans are available. Click HERE to register or call the office: 973-689-7700.
Pitching Development Program
Our Pitching Development Program is different than anything we have offered previously and it's going to change the way our athletes work.
- This program is customized to each individual athlete and, as such, is appropriate for all age levels.
- It’s not just for pitchers. It builds arm strength for position players as well.
- Players can take advantage of this program during the off-season up to 4x per week, Monday – Friday anytime between 3:30 and 8pm. It can all be done around their individual schedules. Each session is approximately 60-90 minutes.
- Players will get a customized pitching/workout plan based on an initial evaluation. They sign up for a scheduled 15-30 minute time slot with Coach Tom Burns and then work on their individual program (supervised by our Pitching Instructors Tom Burns, Joel Toribio and our Certified Trainer Joel Ramirez.)
- Players pick their own days and schedule
- We have amazing equipment for this program and have dedicated an entire section of the facility to its development.
- You can join this program at any time. The off-season training begins November 5th and runs through the end of February for only $400 per month.
- To learn more or to sign up, please contact the office at (973)-689-7700 .
Hitting & Fielding Clinics
Our hitting and fielding clinics run weekly now through the end of February. Monthly plans and daily drop in rates are available. The Hitting Clinic runs every Thursday (6-7:30 for 13u and younger, 7-8:30 for High School and up), and our Fielding Clinic runs every Monday (6-7:30 for 13u and younger, 7-8:30 for High School and up). $150 per month or $40 daily drop in. Register by clicking HERE.
Speed & Agility Classes
We have speed & agility classes for athletes of all ages:
- Ages 5-8: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5-6 pm
- Ages 8-13: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6-7 pm
- High School: Saturdays 11am – Noon