Off Season Programs
Off Season Programs
BASEBALL TRAINING AT PS2 ATHLETIC FACILITY
Fall Ball Is done....now what? Winter is a great time to build up your strength, increase your flexibility and refine some of your hitting and fielding skills while taking a break from rigorous baseball activity. PS2 has a comprehensive winter workout program that includes speed & agility and strength & conditioning for athletes of all age levels, powered by our partner Precision Sports Performance. We also offer specific off-season programs for pitchers and catchers. Our winter program is specifically designed for our Academy teams but in celebration of our grand opening, we are offering the same programming to the general public. This is a great opportunity to get elite, off-season training, regardless of whether or not you play for PS2 Academy. Call us today for pricing and registration info: 973-689-7700. Workouts start November 6 and run 3x per week through February.
Hitting & Fielding Clinic
This clinic is designed for younger players (12u and younger) who want to keep their skills sharp during the winter months. Mondays and Wednesdays 6:30-8 pm. $199 per month. Call us at 973-689-7700 to register. This clinic will run monthly through February.
Catchers Academy - Saturdays, November-February
This comprehensive 16-week program provides expert instruction to catchers of all ages and skill levels. Run by Tommy Barbella, our esteemed in-house catching instructor, this clinic will be broken down by age group: 12u and under, and 13u and older. Low player to coach ratios mean your catcher will get individualized instruction in a group environment. Add-on strength & conditioning training by our partner, Precision Sports Performance, is also available. Call us for more information and to register: 973-689-7700.
PS2 Velocity Program
With a team of accomplished instructors, our PS2 Velo Program is focused on building essential body movements and proper mechanics resulting in increased arm strength and health. The curriculum is lead by PS2's seasoned staff comprised of Joel Toribio and PS2 Pitching Director Rich Anastasi. The unique combination of Driveline’s curriculum infused together with their first hand experiences in organizations like the LA Dodgers and Fordham University, players are assured to move into the 2018 season dramatically improved if not completely transformed!
- The program starts out for the first 3 weeks with focusing on a workout plan built by our instructors that lay out various drills to build enough fitness to prepare for the work ahead.
- We then move into the development phase where we focus on having the pitchers become better athletes. It is in this phase when we start using PlyoCare Balls a few days a week and start to train at a higher intensity while improving a pitcher’s movements and mechanics based on “feel”, as well as focusing on the Kinetic Chain.
- In our next phase we focus on transferring what was learned in the first 2 phases to the mound. This now becomes more about learning to throw hard with command and not just throwing hard.
- Moving into our final phase, we focus on maintenance plans that will take you into your season and beyond.
- The program is split between two age groups: 12 and under (beginning in January), and 13 and older (beginning in December). Please contact us for more information and to register: 973-689-7700.
NEW - Showcase Training
These 4- week training sessions are designed to help maximize your performance at college showcases. This clinic will prepare you physically and mentally for this important component of your college search. In addition, we offer every participant the option of filming a recruitment video at the end of each 4 week session and we will help you promote yourself to schools and coaches you're interested in. This clinic runs for four weeks in December, January and February. Join us for one or all of them. Special rates apply if you choose to attend all 3. This clinic is for position players - we have special programs running at the same time for pitchers only. Call us for more information: 973-689-7700.
For Our Future All-Stars - Saturday Afternoons
Junior Crusaders: Designed for young athletes age 6-8 who aspire to play at a high level one day. Our clinic runs every Saturday in March from 1:30-3:00 pm and is taught by current PS2 Academy Coaches. It's a great opportunity for kids to learn from and train with our top tier coaching staff. $149 for the month or $39 drop in rate. Call the office for more info and to register: 973-689-7700